In this episode of IMperfectly Healthy, Faith interviews Sara Ness, the Founder and Chief Instigator of Authentic Revolution. She began teaching Authentic Relating in 2012, founding a thousands-strong learning community in Austin, Texas and going on to train over 350 leaders and help found 30+ other communities worldwide. Sara is passionate about exposing the joy of human connection and exploring our creative potential through relationship. She has facilitated at schools, companies, yoga studios, a funeral, Burning Man, and more, bringing playful social technology into the mainstream and the….non-mainstream.
In this episode, you are going to hear Sara share:
- her own journey of finding and expressing her authentic self, which led to her creating Authentic Revolution to assist others in doing the same.
- how social conditioning impacts your self-expression
- how AR offers a brave space to explore your true expression and creating deeper connections with others
- the common experience of social anxiety
- how and why we show up differently depending on the group we are with
- how to bring these practices into your everyday life and interactions with others.
- discerning the sweet spot of truth telling and honoring the other.
- how being authentic can be mistaken for demanding to be seen.
- the health effects of loneliness and inauthenticity
- who social media consumption is not connection
- the connection of authentic relating, the social engagement nervous system and health & wellness
- how to bring these practices into your own community in a fun, inviting way
- communication skills you will learn in AR communities
Website – https://www.authrev.org/
Join a group at https://www.authrev.org/connect-events
Follow Sara and Authentic Revolution on Facebook
Follow Sara on YouTube