Do you struggle with making healthy food choices a priority? If so, could you benefit from a food mindset shift? (Mindset = a fixed mental attitude.) Our food mindset largely impacts our food choices. Having an awareness of our mindset around food is a great way to explore our relationship with food and discover what is driving our food choices. If you gave your mindset around food a voice, what would it say? An unhealthy food mindset may say…
- Food is the enemy.
- All food makes me fat/gain weight.
- Food is a source of struggle.
- I don’t have time to eat healthy.
- Eating healthy takes too much work.
- Food is my reward.
- Food is my solution to stress.
- Eating healthy is boring and unsatisfying.
- I have a love/hate relationship with food
Do any of these ring true for you? Maybe you have one of your own that has come up? Is your food mindset in alignment with supporting you living a healthy and fulfilling life? If not, you CAN transform your unhealthy food mindset into a healthy one. Try on some of the healthier mindsets from the list below, or create your own.
A healthy food mindset may say….
- Food is fuel for my body.
- Choosing healthy, nourishing foods shows the respect I have for my body.
- Eating healthy foods, in the right amounts, provides my body with what it needs to thrive.
- Food fuels my life purpose and gifts.
- Eating healthy is an expression of self-love.
- Healthy food gives me lasting vibrant energy.
- Eating healthy is part of my lifestyle.
- Food is medicine.
- Healthy food is both nutritious and delicious.
Did you find one you like? Or maybe you created one of your own? It may be helpful to write out your new food mindset and post it somewhere (such as on your bathroom mirror, on the refrigerator, at your desk, or in your car) as a reminder.