Body image and food obsession (aka food stress!) isn’t actually about how you look, or what you eat. There is much more to it than that. It is deeper. Healing requires going deeper. Disordered eating, and body shame, are symptoms. The root of the struggle is what my guest and I chat about this week. Maddy and I know this area well! We had both been in body image and food “issues” hell for years and years. It doesn’t have to be that way for you. May our conversation open your world up and inspire you to see your body, food and yourself in a whole new way =)
In this episode of IMperfectly Healthy, I interview Madelyn Moon –an author, podcast host, retreat leader and transformational life coach. She is a guiding force for women who want to stop over-thinking their lives away, and live with more trust, intuition and flow. Maddy Moon was driven by masculine energy for most of her life, which led her down a dangerous path. Always striving to do more, be more and accomplish more, she found herself disconnected from her body with multiple disordered eating patterns, a restlessness and a lack of confidence. Maddy healed her heart, spirit, body and mind by stepping into her unique feminine power, giving up the need for control and learning to surrender to a higher power. Maddy takes life by the reigns today by leading thousands of women across the world through their own transformational experiences via her podcast, Mind Body Musings, her website, and her global retreats.
You are going to hear Maddy share:
- what was going beneath the surface of her struggle with food and her body image.
- why letting your parents off the hook is KEY to your own happiness and fulfillment in life.
- the real reason you are depriving yourself and/or others of love and nurture.
- the importance of harmonizing the masculine and feminine parts of you
- why Faith is a key to building your confidence and letting go of control.
- how to find balance between asking for help and self-reliance.
- how to begin trusting your intuition.
- why some tools and practices work for you, and others don’t.
- and SO much more!!!
Learn more about Maddy at www.maddymoon.com
Listen to her podcast –> Mind Body Musings
Follow her on Facebook.
Follow her on Instagram.
Join the IMperfectly Healthy Community FB Group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/IMperfectlyhealthycommunity/