I am SO excited about this episode. It is a topic I have been wanting to cover for a while. It is also an aspect of health and wholeness that I LOVE to talk about. Today we are talking about dating, relationships, communication and attraction, from the perspective of a MAN….which is key. We are also taking a look at the ways men struggle with body image and weight.
The man who courageously stepped up to the plate for this conversation, is my dear friend, Josh Trent. Josh is the founder of Wellness Force, and a wellness industry influencer and coach. He is also a top ranked iTunes podcast host of both Wellness Force Radio and the Fitness + Technology podcasts.
With over 13 years in the health and wellness industry, he leads the Wellness Force community in discovering physical and emotional intelligence to help men and women live life well.
His vision for Wellness Force is to empower over one million men and women in discovering the physical and emotional intelligence we need to live life well and enjoy the process. A KEY to enjoying that process is our relationships. Josh and I love chatting about this topic together as friends, so here we are! =)
In this episode, you are going to hear Josh share:
- The physical and emotional transformation he has gone through to get to where he is today.
- how physical weight can be a manifestation of your inner world.
- why you must take responsibility for the story you tell in your head about yourself, others and life.
- his experience being faced with the modern man’s dilemma
- how to handle the pressures and expectations put on both men and women in our culture to do it all, be it all and have it all.
- his insight on male body image
- what makes a woman most attractive.
- what it takes to have a healthy, harmonious, connected partnership
- what makes a man want to commit to a woman.
- the difference between being a strong, successful woman and having “independent women syndrome”.
- why your language dictates your life.
- what courageous communication is and why it matters
- why being perfect is actually unattractive.
- how readiness, divine timing, willingness and courage all play out in dating and love.
- what men want most from women
Learn more about Josh at Wellness Force.
Check out the Wellness Force Podcast
Mentioned in the show:
- Gay and Katie Hendricks
- Allison Armstrong: The Queens Code
- David Dieda
- Bonnie Kelly
- Michael Strasner – MITT
Join the IMperfectly Healthy Community FB Group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/IMperfectlyhealthycommunity/
A few quotes to round out this topic from one of my favs from @createthelove.
“Fall in love with yourself first. When we’re whole we can see clearly the types of people who are in front of us as our vision is not clouded by loneliness and insecurity. It makes everything else so much easier because then we search for people that compliment us, not complete us.” – Mark Groves.
“Great love doesn’t leave. It stays. It communicates. It tried to understand. Great love doesn’t walk away. It walks towards.” – Mark Groves