Our bodies are amazing. They are designed to maintain great health. They are built to handle a certain level of toxic exposure. The problem is, we now live in a world where our toxic load threshold has been surpassed. We come into contact with tens of thousands of toxins everyday from the air, water, food, and home and body care products. So, it now takes extra effort to support our body’s ability to cleanse and eliminate toxins. Here are 5 simple ways to help your body keep up:
1. Move your body. Movement increases circulation which supports lymphatic flow and assists in the elimination of toxins. There are many ways to incorporate movement into your daily routine.
- Exercise – all forms
- Inversions – yoga moves such as shoulder stand, headstand, and legs up against the wall
- Jump – either in an exercise class or on a trampoline
- Getting a massage works too.
2. Hydrate. Drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces per day.
- Start your day with 16 ounces of warm water with lemon.
- Have a cup of detox tea in the afternoon or before bed. Look for dandelion, ginger, burdock, turmeric, cilantro, milk thistle, and licorice.
- Add a tablespoon of Bragg’s apple cider vinegar to a cup of water before meals. ACV is a great detox and helps alkalize the body which has many, many benefits.
- Drink pure spring water. Add any of Doterra’s citrus oils for serious detox support.
3. Get your greens. Green Juice. Salads. Smoothies. Dehydrated. Whatever works for you. Just get them it.
- Green Juice – combine a variety of greens with lemon, ginger, and an apple
- Have greens at most meals, raw or cooked.
- Take a greens supplement. I love Terragreens by Doterra and Vitamineral Greens by Healthforce.
4. Take a bath. Combine the following:
- Epsom Salts (2-3 cups): draws toxins out through the skin and replenishes magnesium
- Baking Soda (1/2 cup): naturally alkalizing substance helps remove toxins
- Therapeutic-grade Essential Oils (a few drops): geranium, lavender, lemongrass, and juniper berry from Doterra possess powerful agents aiding in detoxification.
5. Bulk up with fiber. Get your bowels moving. It is really, really important. Fiber also helps absorb and eliminate toxins.
- root vegetables, apples, pears, legumes, berries, zucchini, quinoa, oats
- healthy fats – avocado, coconut oil, ghee, chia seeds
These are all very simple healthy habits anyone can start right away. Which 2-3 from the list can you add to your routine this week? After you have those down, add 2 – 3 more.
To meet your 2015 health and wellness goals, you may be needing to kick things up a notch.
Let me ask you this…
Have you been feeling sluggish, foggy, bloated, and/or heavy?
Do you want more energy and to stop craving foods that taste good then make you feel awful?
Do you want clearer skin, better sleep, and a revved up metabolism?
I know that you are ready to feel good about your food choices, to feel confident in your body, and excited about your life…. Am I right?
Great! I thought so. Because I have a solution for you…
Find out about my Healthy You: Cleanse & Restore Program by clicking HERE.
This program addresses both sides of the cleansing equation: cleaning out the junk (stored toxins) and refueling with the good (quality nourishment).