What you think and feel about what you eat is just as important as the quality and nutritional value of the food eaten. Our bodies respond instantly to our emotions and thoughts.
There is a HUGE difference between being on a “diet” and using food as medicine. Big huge difference.
When I say using food as medicine, I mean following certain guidelines with food as a way to heal a health condition, improve your overall health and well-being, or restore balance in your body. This typically means taking certain foods out of your regular diet, and adding in new foods on purpose. This is much different than being on a “diet”.
Everything is made up of energy; the world and our bodies, as well as the food we eat. We eat to nourish our organs and cells so that our body functions optimally. The physical body is where we live. It makes us human and our experience of life is greatly affected by how we fuel it.
The food we eat has an energy frequency that influences the vibration of the body, It either enhances or depletes energy from the chakras. In looking at food, there are various factors that determine the energetic affect a particular food or meal will have on the body.
I wrote a new ebook sharing my top 5 ways to overcome your food cravings. This book integrates the science and psychology of eating. Download it for Free Here.
PS – #5 is MOST important.
Let me know what you think!!
How to satisfy a food craving with a healthier choice.
When there is a type of food you are really craving, try some of these upgraded ideas. You can totally satisfy your craving, enjoy the food, and skip the feeling like crap after.
Myth #1: Fat makes you fat.
Truth: Although fat has more calories per gram than protein and carbohydrates, that fact is somewhat irrelevant in the fat and weight discussion.
- Fat mass is more about hormones than calories.
- It is sugar and refined carbohydrates that initiate the hormonal shift resulting in fat gain.
- Sugar and carbs make us hungrier and more apt to have cravings and overeat.
Fat, on the other hand, makes us feel full and keeps us feeling full longer.
Fat is important for so many reasons, including these:
- Fat is an essential part of every single cell in the body.
- The all-important fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E, and K) require fat for proper absorption.
- Fat assists with protein digestion.
- Certain healthy fats act as powerful agents in managing inflammation in the body.
- Fat is also a steady and consistent energy source.
Fat is an important nutrient with many important roles in the body providing many benefits.
Not all fat is created equal. Some healthy fats to include in your diet include:
- Nuts and seeds
- Coconut oil
- Ghee or grass-fed butter
- Olive oil
- Oily fish
- Grass-fed meats
Bottom Line: Fat does not make you fat.
- Eat Fat Lose Fat by Sally Fallon and Mary Enig.
- The Perfect Health Diet by Paul Jaminet.
There is a lot you can do to support your adrenals. The first step is deciding to make YOU a priority. Make you, your #1. Read through and choose a couple new habits to start with. Build from there. Be gentle with yourself.