When it comes to your reality, no matter what you are dealing with, you have a choice.
You can embrace what is, or resist what is.
A health issue. Your body. Your bank account. A dysfunctional relationship.
Most of us choose to resist. We ignore, fight, try harder, blame, frantically try to fix and change what is. Resistance is hard. It is tight, stressful, rigid and toxic. It is also comfortable and automatic.
The energy of embrace is soft, flowing, and at ease. It is open, spacious, and allowing. And it can feel uncertain, uncomfortable, terrifying.
Our heads are wired to control, fix and change. We make up stories, attach meaning, and create drama.
The truth is, resistance only feeds the struggle. It keeps you locked up and tied to the challenge. The more you resist, the more power you provide. Resistance fuels the fire. It keeps the fight going.
The magic and peace you are looking for lies in the embrace.
How can you step into that space when it feels so unnatural?
Here is how:
- Willingness: be willing to see things in a new light. Realize that resistance isn’t working. It is time for a new way of relating to yourself and your life.
- Acceptance: stop fighting. Healing does not happen in a space of judgement….ever. Know that whatever is going on in your life, it is perfect. Why? Because it is. End of story.
- Explore it. Lean in. Get curious. Dig a little deeper. What meaning are you attaching to it? What story are you telling/adding? Do an inventory of all the things you think “this” means about you. What beliefs surface about yourself, others, and/or life?
- Ask yourself: what opportunity for growth and healing is there for me? Instead of seeing through the lens of your mind, look at it from the perspective of your heart. Your heart will see it much differently than your head.
- Ask yourself: How can I be powerful and courageous in the face of this? How can I be loving and compassionate in the face of this?
- Choose to own it. Be honest. Share it. Allow it to be there, to be seen. Stand tall in the face of it. Owning it gives you access to power. It sets you free. When it isn’t in the way anymore, what action will you take?