Double Chocolate Cookies – I made these on thanksgiving. They were so good I have been requested to make them again for Christmas.
- 1 cup thick almond butter (Barney Butter Smooth Almond Butter recommended, or one with similar texture)
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg, whisked
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix together almond butter and coconut sugar using a large spoon. Then add egg and mix againuntil well combined.
3. Add ¼ cup of cocoa powder at a time. Mix well. Add all the cocoa powder and completely combine. The batter will be thick.
4. Then add baking soda, vanilla, salt and chocolate chips and combined until everything is well mixed. Batter should be thick!
5. Use a cookie scoop to scoop out around 2 tablespoons of dough and make into a round ball. Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet (or coated in coconut oil works for me). This dough will create 13-15 cookies that size.
6. Place all the balled dough onto the baking sheet.
7. Place baking sheet into the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes until removing from baking sheet to place on cooling rack. If you try to remove these from the baking sheet early, they will come apart. Be careful. Enjoy!