“The purpose of our journey is to restore ourselves to wholeness.” – Debbie Ford
What does wholeness mean to you?
When it comes to health and well-being, you can’t compartmentalize the parts of who you are. You are a mental, emotional, physical and spiritual being. A Whole Being. Each part of You impacts the others. Your emotions influence your digestion. Your spirituality influences your nervous system. Your thoughts influence your energy level.
As humans, we are on the path of understanding, honoring and integrating all these parts into one.
As Caroline Myss says,
“What drains your spirit drains your body. What fuels your spirit fuels your body.”
“The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind”
“If healing required changing your job, would you do it? If healing required moving to another part of the country, would you do it? If healing required that you change most of your attitudes toward others and yourself, would you do so?”
In this episode of IMperfectly Healthy, I interview Christa Orecchio – a clinical and holistic nutritionist dedicated to helping individuals use food as medicine to heal from the root cause. She helps people ignite the natural healing process of their minds, bodies, and spirits so that they can feel whole again. She is the author of The Whole Journey Food as Medicine Cookbook, co-author of The Anti-Inflammatory Diet, and co-author of the best-seller How to Conceive Naturally and Have a Healthy Pregnancy After 30. Christa also hosts three health and wellness TV shows.
Christa has played a huge role on my path, both personally and professionally, over the last 9 years. She continues to be one of the top resources and referrals I pass on to my own friends, family and clients. Christa is the ultimate expert on the super nitty-gritty scientific details of physical health and healing disease. She has spoken about them publicly, a whoooole lot. It was quite an honor to have her on the show sharing her heart and soul about her own path, and her passion for the mental/emotional/spiritual aspects of one’s whole journey in life.
In this episode, you are going to hear Christa share:
- her story of a life-changing year where she discovered the power of food to heal physical and emotional health. After transforming her own candida, thyroid and adrenal imbalances, she integrated all she learned and has been helping others do the same for over 8 years.
- the importance of realizing there is no “there” to get to.
- the impact your emotions, mind and energy have on your physical health.
- her whole person approach to healing from the root cause of illness.
- how primary foods – healthy relationships, a spiritual practice, a creative outlet, joyful movement, matter as much as what you eat.
- how your physical ailments can have an emotional root cause.
- why Spirituality has everything to do with your health and enjoyment of life.
- how you are your own most powerful healer.
- why trust is vital to healing.
- simple ways to clear and recharge your energy body.
- and SO much more!
Learn more about Christa at www.thewholejourney.com
Mentioned in the show:
IIN – Institute of Integrative Nutrition Where Christa and I both went to school.
Heather Lindenmenn – Our mutual friend/mentor we referenced a few times.
Caroline Myss – Expert on chakras, intuition, sacred contracts, the soul’s path, mind-body connection
Your Body Speaks Your Mind by Deb Shapiro
Louise Hay – You Can Heal Your Body
Brene Brown – Author and teacher
Join the IMperfectly Healthy Community FB Group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/IMperfectlyhealthycommunity/