In this episode of IMperfectly Healthy, Faith interviews Rochelle Schieck – creator and founder of QOYA. Qoya is based on the idea that through movement, we remember. We remember our essence is wise, wild and free. Wise, wild, and free draw reference to the movement forms we practice.
Qoya is designed to help you remember the physical sensation of truth in your body and reclaim your inner knowing, intuition and instincts so that you let that feeling be north on your compass and let your body guide you on your soul’s journey.
Her love of movement and the desire to explore life’s meaning compelled her to spend the last 15+ years traveling around the world as a student and teacher to places throughout North and South America, Europe, Africa, India, Southeast Asia, Australia and New Zealand. Rochelle began instructing various yoga styles for all ages and abilities, several dance modalities and NIA. In the last 10+ years, she has led over 4,000 movement classes, facilitated hundreds of private sessions and taken women on over 20 retreats to 6 different continents.
In this episode, you are going to hear Rochelle share her expertise and experience around:
- what Qoya is and how it can completely liberate you in your life.
- the magic of remembering, instead of finding or searching.
- the truth about your body and importance of creating a trusted partnership with her/him.
- what it takes to access and trust the wisdom available in your body.
- why the ROI for creating intimacy with your body is HUGE in living an authentic, joyful life.
- how to discern between impulses and wisdom.
- the magic that happens when you create practices to connect with yourself
- why you may be resisting connecting with your body.
- why there is no “right” way to have a daily practice
- how to build the muscle of self-trust.
- what can get in the way of going within yourself.
- the importance of honoring your body’s cycles
- how romantic relationships are huge opportunities for healing and growth.
Learn more about Rochelle and Qoya at QOYA
Follow her on Facebook.
Follow her on YouTube.
Connect with Faith at www.imperfectlyhealthypodcast.com
Join the IMperfectly Healthy Community FB Group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/IMperfectlyhealthycommunity/