Is there something in your life you are longing for? Something missing you wish you had?
Maybe it is more money, a loving relationship, your dream job….
It is so frustrating, right?
You try so hard yet you always fall short. You keep living out this pattern that leaves you feeling disappointed…maybe hopeless.
There is one major part of yourself that needs to be looked at here…your beliefs.
You must look at your beliefs about that thing you want, that thing you don’t have.
Your beliefs are the foundation, the roots, in which creates the life you are experiencing. To change your life experience, you must work at the core…your beliefs. Your beliefs create your thoughts, reactions, decisions, perceptions, your mindset, and ultimately, your life.
If you don’t have what you say you want, then there are most likely beliefs operating that are repelling that thing you so desire. In other words, there is a conflict between what you want and what you believe.
Consider what beliefs you have around what you want by exploring the following questions.
- How do you feel about money?
- What do you think about people that have money?
- How would people react if you had a lot more money?
- What is the up side of not having money?
- What is the downside of having more money?
- What do you believe about love and relationships?
- What expectations do you have about romantic relationships? What was modeled for you as a child?
- What do you believe about men/women? Can you trust the opposite sex?
- Are you worthy and deserving of love?
- What is the up side of staying single?
- What is the downside of being in a committed relationship?
- What do you believe about successful and/or powerful people?
- How will others respond to your success?
- What is the up side of staying where you are?
- What is the down side of stretching and going for what you want?
- Is it ok/safe for you to succeed?
There is always a reason you don’t have what you really want. The key to the puzzle lies in your beliefs.