There is a lot you can do to support your adrenals. The first step is deciding to make YOU a priority. Make you, your #1. Read through and choose a couple new habits to start with. Build from there. Be gentle with yourself.
- Eat balanced meals of whole foods to stabilize blood sugars: protein, fat, whole carbs
- Quality protein at most meals: organic meats, fish, eggs, clean protein powder
- Carb choices: quinoa, sweet potato, squash, beans/legumes, millet, sprouted grain products, oatmeal, brown rice
- Fats: coconut oil, avocado, nuts and seeds, olive oil, ghee, fatty fish, organic animal foods, eggs
- Vegetables – as much as possible
- Eat breakfast within 1 hour of waking; include protein and fat
- Coffee after breakfast, never first thing
- Cut out caffeine or reduce as much as possible, wean gradually. Adding fat to coffee is helpful (coconut oil, ghee)
- Lunch at 11 or 12, snack at 2-3, dinner 5 or 6, evening snack
- Minimal fruit, especially in the am. Avoid fruit at breakfast, especially alone.
- Avoid carbs alone.
- Lots of veggies! All kinds. Sea veggies too
- Night snack if needed.
- Eat every 3 hours or so
- Use quality sea salt per taste
Avoid: caffeine, alcohol, sugar, gluten, dairy, soy
Investigate food intolerances: gluten, dairy, corn, soy, eggs, nightshades, chocolate
- Do NOT over train or push yourself
- Choose relaxing exercise that you enjoy; yoga, hiking, walks
- Listen to your body, not your mind. She knows best.
- Bed by 10 pm
- Sleep at least 8 hrs, more is better
- Nap if your body wants
- Sleep in complete darkness
- Avoid technology a couple hours before bed
- Create a routine to wind down
- Supplements: CALM, L-theanine, GABA, 200-1000 mg magnesium glycinate, L-tryphtophan 2 hours before bed, Holy Basil. (Always ask your doc before starting a new supplement)
- Herbal teas: sleepy time; passionflower, chamomile, valerian root, kava kava, lavender, California poppy
- Use aromatherapy, relaxing music
- Essential oils – Calming blend, Clove, Chamomile, Vetiver, Lavender, Grounding blend, Rosemary, Frankincense.
- EFT before bed
- EFT, reading inspirational/self-help books, meditation, yoga, prayer, breath work
- Practice self-care: body work, massage, warm bath, yoga.
- Be willing to change perceptions and attitudes about your life situation.
- With the guidance of a coach, dig deeper into your emotional stress. There is almost always buried emotions, unresolved emotional pain, and past trauma that is still being activated and burning out your adrenals.
- Minerals, greens powder
- Vit C, 2-4 g
- B complex, especially B5
- Magnesium glycinate, CALM (Mg powder before bed)
- Phosphatidylserine, 100 mg an hour before bed (if waking up in middle of the night)
- Herbs: ashwagandha, licorice root, Siberian ginseng, astragalus root, rhodiola, cordyceps….Gia Herbs, Vital Adapt, Orthomolecular, Apex
Stress is something we all face in this high-paced, over-stimulating world. Finding balance and managing stress is of utmost importance in living an enjoyable, fulfilling, and vibrant life.
What can you start doing TODAY to better manage stress in your life?